Saturday 22 August 2015

Aloe polyphylla update

You may remember my post on the non-spiralling aloe polyphylla.   You can see the posts here. It has had a good summer so far, the extra water has meant no brown tips to the leaves, which is a first.

The big news is that there is the first signs of a spiral.


It is like one of the hidden pictures, sometimes it leaps out, other doesn't seem to be there.

It has been a long wait, I'm sure most spiral much earlier than this. As long as it gets there in the end everything is good.

6 comments:

  1. I would love to have one of those... I've checked nurseries where I live-- and no luck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your search, hope you find one soon.

      Delete
  2. That's great! Keep posting updates...I just got a small one with of course no signs of spirals and now I have a bit of hope. I do see a bit of it here! Hopefully mine will grow to be as handsome as this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most spiral a lot smaller than mine, so hopefully you wont have too long to wait.

      Delete
  3. It looks really good, no brown tips so you are watering right. So good to see a healthy one. Mine hangs on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It has been watered this year and is responding. With your drought I can see how these may not look their best

      Delete