Tuesday 9 June 2015

It is almost colourful in the succulent rockery.

We actually had an alost sunny weekend at last.  The winter may have been mild, the spring dry, but so far there has not been uch heat.  As soon as the sun comes out my mind and camera turn to the rockery.


I know a lot of people are not fans of lawns, but I love mine for no other reason that I can sit up on and look up into the rockery. It gives you a different set of views.


Starting to get a bit more height in the plants with the aloe striatula and the euphorbia griffithii fireglow.


You can see the eremurus oase in the background is now working up the stem.


I noticed today that the stem leans but strangely the flowers that are open form an exactly horizontal line.  There are more flowers open on one side than the other, and this keeps a level row of flowers despite the lean.

Not as dramatic but the arenaria aurea gets better every day.  Small but quite strongly sented, it took me a while to figure out where it was coming from.


These and all the echeverias in flower means there are probably at the flowering peak now.  As the summer continues, the leaves get into growth and it is the structure that takes over.  I'm going to have to get more balance in the other parts of the garden as the bees are going to be very upset when this lot of flowers is over.

2 comments:

  1. The rockery looks great & I would definitely have kept my lawn if we got more rain where I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Watering issues are them only thing I don't like about the lawn.

      Delete