Saturday 19 November 2011

When good care is a bad thing.

I though it was time for an update on the deformed agave potatorum var verschaffeltii.  In the last post I showed this picture of the latest deformed leaf. The hope was that all new leaves would show this deformity ultimately giving a really unusual plant.

It has had the summer to settle in and has been carefully looked after. It seems this care may have been a mistake and the plant has recovered to full health with normal leaves.  I am sure it will now grow normally and go on to have a full and happy life.



Obviously I am devastated by this return to normality, there is a certain irony that looking after the plant and getting rid of any pests and disease has resulted in my beautifully deformed plant recovering into healthy boring one. It is not every day I say that.

2 comments:

  1. Even though it did look cool I think it's a good thing it is back to normal! Great looking plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Candy. looking on the bright side, at least I know it is now disease free and happy.

    ReplyDelete